Cornell Waste Management Institute
In October 2003, Cornell
Waste Management Institute completed a survey of Cornell Cooperative Extension
offices, and New York State Association for Reduction, Reuse, and Recycling,
Inc. (NYSAR3) members across
- When asked if Cornell Cooperative Extension is involved in compost education within the respondent's community, 79% (42) said "yes" and 21% (11) said "no."
- When asked if a home scale compost demonstration site is located in the respondent's community, 56% (30) said "yes" and 44% (24) said "no."
- When asked if a compost container sales, or giveaways, have been offered within the past 2-3 years in the respondent's community, 52% (28) answered "yes," and 48% (26) answered "no."
- When asked if Cornell Cooperative Extension was involved as a sponsoring agency or group in the compost container sales or giveaways, 50% (15) said "yes," and 50% (15 said "no."
- When asked if an education program was offered in conjunction with the compost bin sale or giveaway, 68% (23) answered "yes," and 32% (11) answered "no."
To find a small-scale
compost demonstration site in your area of
To view the details of this survey, download the MS Excel spreadsheet of results at: