- Candid Camera
- (adapted from
Here Today Here Tomorrow...Revisited: A Teacher's Guide to Solid
- NJ Dept of Environmental
Protection, Div. of Solid Waste Management)
SUBJECT AREAS: language
arts, art, photography
Why is litter a problem? What can we do about it?
Students will appreciate the negative effects litter has on their
camera - photographic film - community map
- 1. Assign students to investigate areas
of unsightly litter in their community for a week. At the end
of the week, discuss the various areas and mark them on a community
map. Discuss why there is a litter problem there.
- 2. Divide the class into groups and
have them take photographs of the areas.
- 3. Display the pictures and have the
children write reactions to them.
- 1. Students can monitor the litter
problem in a given area by taking pictures over a period of time.
- 2. Students can write captions for
each photo identifying the area for use at Town Hall or community
- 3. What are the laws in your area regarding
- Back to Solid Waste Activities Grades K-3